Historical Buildings

Florence County Courthouse

  • Listed on the National Register of Historical Places 1985
  • One of two original jails in Wisconsin retaining the original interior
  • Last used in the 1930’s
  • Preservation of exterior in 2002 by Florence County and Jeffris Foundation
  • Located on the Courthouse Square
  • Open to the Public May-September during Courthouse hours

Fern Town Hall

  • Listed on the National Register of Historical Places 1981
  • Originally served as school from 1921-1956
  • Now serves as a town hall for the Town of Fern
  • Located on US 101 in Fern Township
  • Cost of construction of school, $3,000
  • Addition for handicap accessibility 2009

Upper Twin Falls Bridge

  • Listed in National Register of Historic Places 2012
  • Spans channel of Menominee River on WI-MI border
  • Steel camelback-through truss structure built 1910-11
  • Built by Central States Bridge Co. of Indiana
  • Bridge length is 145 feet plus causeways